DB2 stored proc call from stored proc stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seya
Participant

Post by Seya »

When I am trying to run the job which is a stored proc stage trying to call a DB2 stored procedure I am getting the below error
[IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0124E Invalid argument value. SQLSTATE=HY009'

Any solution to this issue?

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Pass in a valid value? There's not enough information posted for anyone to help, unfortunately. Any chance you are leaving an argument empty?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Seya
Participant

Post by Seya »

Can we call a cobol stored procedures from datastage 11.x(Parallel job) stored proc stage?

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay, should have realized this was more of your other topic:
Seya wrote:Is it possible to call a cobol stored procedure in db2 mainframe (z/os) from datastage?

Also, I would appreciate if one can share the differences between a cobol stored procedure and db2 mainframe stored procedure?
Let's just put them both together here.

Me, I have no DB2 and thus no idea but strongly lean towards "no" and would suspect you would need the "mainframe" version of DataStage to that. Hopefully someone knows for certain.

And isn't a "COBOL stored procedure" just a DB2 stored procedure that calls a COBOL module? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers