Datastage calling peoplesoft web service

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sandeepch19
Participant

Datastage calling peoplesoft web service

Post by Sandeepch19 »

Hi,

We are invoking peoplesoft web service from datastage and the output is in one field in the form of an XML. Lets say for exmple the output of peoplesoft web service is like this
>col11
col2
col3
col4

XML is there in col3 and i am trying to make this as a key column to propogate and create an XML file out of it. when i am taking col3 alone in the output and trying to see an output .. I could the output in this way
<col1>a</col1>b<col2><col2/><col3></Col3><col4>1</col4>

where as i want to see

<col3> abc123</col3> as an output....

Please let me know in case if you need more details and do help me to fix this issue.. There is one more issue along with this ie.. instead of < and > ... i am getting &lt and &rt.
Sandeep Chandrashekar
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi Sandeep.....

Can you provide more details and explanation? I don't see how the results above might translate into the desired xml below...are those multiple rows? from multiple calls to peoplesoft? One column in a response from Peoplesoft? Why multiple lines? are there crlfs in the data returned? etc. Please be as explicit as possible.

Thanks.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Sandeepch19
Participant

Post by Sandeepch19 »

Hi Ernie,

It is a single call from ETL to peoplesoft . and Peoplesoft would be one row as a response. but in that row as I said there would be inbuilt peoplesoft fields(such as PSCAMA fields ) but one field(comments column) contains the actual XML. When I trying to make this field as an input column by making this as key in web transformer I am getting all the other fields which is not suppose to be in the comments column. But when it is tried through soup UI we are getting the desired result . Please let me know if you need more details
Sandeep Chandrashekar
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure what you mean by key in the transformer. Key means nothing in the ws transformer. If you need one of the input cols to contain xml, and you are building xml upstream for that column, and the wsdl imported just fine, then you should be ok. This assumes that the ws is simple with basic scalar arguments....one row in and one row out......no detailed structure, and the xml for that one argument being escaped and encapsulated, and not part of the body as actual xml.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>