ISD Input -> XML Input

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ssk
Participant

ISD Input -> XML Input

Post by ssk »

Hi Experts.

I need your help in a scenario as below:

This is a real time job - always on. Triggerred by an external trigger. Input and output data is in XML formats. XML might have repetitive tags.

The job design is something like this -

ISD Input -> XML Input -> Transformations -> Lookup -> XML Output -> ISD output

In ISD input stage, I have mentioned all the fields that will be sent from the triggerring application (currently testing using soapui). Basically I have 10-12 fields and each has its XPATH defined properly. I am using XML input to define the repetitive elements.

When I created my job with replacing the ISD input stage with External source stage, I could successfully read the XML file , get multiple records from one source records (due to repetitive tags) and process them further. I also could merge them into single XML using the XML output stage.

Now when I put the ISD input stage before the XML input stage, I am not sure what should come in the 'XML Source Column' field in the XML Input stage. I cannot mention all the input fields as it does not allow to select all fields. Basically my input data is neither an XML document nor URL/File path. Stuck here now. Can someone please provide inputs?

Thanks in advance.
ssk
Participant

Post by ssk »

Apologies , this topic happened to be posted twice by mistake.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No worries, it happens. Next time just delete one of them. Not this time, however, I've already done that. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

In a scenario like this, you yourself (not ISD) are controlling the handling of all lower level "fields". In your case, your are asking the SOAP client tool (SOAP UI in this case) to pass up to you a "complete" xml document as a single string column. Just one argument to the SOAP call, probably called "myxml" or "inputXML" or something else...usually a longvarchar. It will be properly escaped on the wire, and then handed to the xmlInput Stage, intact. The same thing on the return. Your SOAP client [java, or whatever your application developers are programming with] would then use regular xml libraries to build and parse the xml requests/responses, instead of using SOAP libraries, because your WSDL will only reflect the single column that is in your ISD stages.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ssk
Participant

Post by ssk »

Can't view premium content :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get premium membership. Less than 30c per day. Help to pay the hosting costs of DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.