MQ Stage to process Real time messages from Mainframe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSFreddie
Participant

MQ Stage to process Real time messages from Mainframe

Post by DSFreddie »

Hi All,

I am planning to use MQ Stage to read real time data from MF Message Queues. There are 2 data centers where the records would be transmitted.

i.e. records from Mainframe Data Center A will be transmitted to Midrange server A as well as the Datacenter B (eventually to Midrange server B also )to keep the data in sync ( & vice versa). The issue that we could foresee is in the case of a Maintenance in the midrange end ( that typically last for 4/5 hours) where the MQ in the Midrange will be on a total shutdown. (We cannot pile up the data in the MF message queues for a longer period of time).

Can you pls suggest me an ideal way to handle this scenario. Pls let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
DSFreddie
Participant

Re: MQ Stage to process Real time messages from Mainframe

Post by DSFreddie »

Hi All,

Can someone pls help me with some thoughts around this. Pls let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Freddie
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It's not quite clear what your questions are. Are you planning to listen to one message queue or more than one? Are you intending to be the glue to keep everything in sync? I would think your MQ administrators could increase the queue size to handle more down time if need be.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius