CFF stage and sample data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi_4a6
Participant

CFF stage and sample data

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

I have sample cobalbook as below but i do not have any sample data but i need to proceed with development.Could anybody provide two sample records since i am new to cobol and CFF stage.

* COBOL DECLARATION FOR ORDERS *

01 HEADER.
05 ORDERNUM PIC S9(5).
05 RECTYPE PIC X(1).
05 NAME PIC X(20).
05 ORDDATE PIC X(10).

01 DETAIL.
05 ORDERNUM PIC S9(5).
05 RECTYPE PIC X(1).
05 PRODUCTID PIC S9(5).
05 QTY PIC S9(5).
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Please try using the Row Generator stage. It is very useful for generating yourself some test records.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

Thanks for reply i know we can use row generator stage but I do not know sample data as per cobol book
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Have you tried importing the copybook? Then Designer will know which native data types to load into your Columns tab.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

COBOL PICTURE clauses aren't all that mysterious but you should probably ask for sample / test data to be delivered since it will typically come in EBCDIC rather than ASCII so not all that simple to generate. However, with nothing packed / comp you could get away with straight-up ASCII samples for testing, it seems to me.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers