ODBC connection Setup for MySql

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

betterthanever
Participant

ODBC connection Setup for MySql

Post by betterthanever »

Hi all,
we are trying to setup a ODBC connection for MySql. It works fine in the lower dev/test env, but when we did the same setup in UAT it is failing with this error below. This is the first time i am seeing this error.compared the libraries between environments. everything is in order. when we test the connection with view data in the ODBC connector, the connection works but when we run the job, i see this error below. I appreciate your inputs.

ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [DataDirect][ODBC lib] You are not licensed to use this ODBC driver with the DataDirect ODBC Driver Manager under the license you have purchased. If you wish to purchase a license, then you may use the Driver Manager for a period of 15 days, during which time you are required to obtain a license. You can order a license by calling DataDirect Technologies at 800-876-3101 in North America and +44 (0) 1753-218 930 elsewhere. Thank you for your cooperation. (CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 812)
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would say that's warning, or an old warning that has turned into a fatal error, possibly. See if this topic helps to fix it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
betterthanever
Participant

Post by betterthanever »

Thanks for your reply. i tested from ../branded_odbc/samples/example/example utility as well as ./uvsh ds_connect utility. both work just fine. but when i run the job it fails. like you said in the log the error shows up as information at the beginning and i see the same as fatal and job failure after a few events in the dir log.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

It is possible there may be an issue with the ODBC driver when it is called in parallel. Please contact IBM Support and ask for the latest DataDirect ODBC drivers. (Not sure if FixCentral would provide that.)
betterthanever
Participant

Post by betterthanever »

Thanks for the reply. If the above was the case, the error should have been consistent across all the env, which is not the case. we are able to run parallel jobs successfully without any issues in the other env.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Latest Data Direct ODBC drivers are available from Fix Central.

It could be that someone has removed the special numeric code from your .odbc.ini entries, the code that the Data Direct drivers use to ascertain that a properly licensed driver is being used.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.