SQL server data loading issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sanoojk
Participant

SQL server data loading issue

Post by sanoojk »

Hi ,

Our DS environment is upgrading to 11.3 version from 8.5 . One of the jobs is aborting in the new version which was executing fine in 8.5

The job extracts data from the source DB (vertica) and loads data to SQL server DB. A transformer stage is used in between the source and target DB stages.

The error message is :

ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = 22008: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Datetime field overflow. Error in parameter 44. (CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 829)

I am using ODBC connector stage for connecting to both source and target . When I replaced the target ODBC stage with a DRS connector, the job executes by throwing the above error message as a warning. But data is not getting inserted into the target.

Please help me
sanoojk
Participant

Post by sanoojk »

I tried by passing currentdate() function in all the date fields in the target table. But the same issue appears
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

These kind of things are almost always bug fixes, things that you thought were "working fine" in older releases but were in fact taking advantage of said bug. Fix the bug in a newer release and bam, all fall down.

You're going to need to get into the weeds for this. What are the native data types of the source and column? What does the source data look like in job? What does it need to look like for the target? What exactly is the transformer doing? Debug the job. Replace the target with a Peek stage. Start digging into it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers