Reading Excel files from share point

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mallikharjuna
Participant

Reading Excel files from share point

Post by mallikharjuna »

hi,

I have requirement to read files from share point. is it possible to read files from share point? if yes please let me know the steps.

Thanks
MALLI
mallikharjuna
Participant

Re: Reading Excel files from share point

Post by mallikharjuna »

Please let me know if anybody know how to read the sharepoint excel file in datastage.

Thanks
MALLI
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't push.

If someone can help you, they will.

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post when they can, and in any case are not compelled to do so, nor to meet arbitrary timelines.

If you need urgent help sign up with with your official support provider for premium service, and learn just how much "urgent" can cost.

It IS possible to read from Sharepoint, though the security mechanism can be ugly. You will need to have (someone with) Java skills, and make use of the Java client stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Never done anything with it but my understanding is "there's a service for that", meaning you'd need to investigate their API. Do you have a technical contact there that can help? Don't worry about the "from DataStage" part, just first do the "read Excel files from SharePoint" part with them.

Oh, and involve your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers