Consolidating Message into a new Project level message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Consolidating Message into a new Project level message

Post by ecclesr »

In our new DataStage environment, there have been a number of Message handler (.msh) files that were created independently and with files name structured like abc def.msh

I now wish to create a consolidated project level file with a name like project.msh

Would the steps be
1. In Unix (Dev environment) rename the existing project level file abc def.msh to project.msh
2. Edit project.msh , adding the unique entries from all the other msh files
3. Delete all the msh files excluding project.msh
4 Copy project.msh from the dev environment to all the other projects, such that the only msh file in each environment is project.msh

Thanking you all in advance
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

You forgot to set project.msh as project level message handler in administrator.

However, you listed out the steps correctly, if that's what you wish to achieve. I for an instance do not prefer to have a message handler, if I do, It is project specific where I know the reason for suppressing the warnings, so that we are not suppressing the warnings in other projects, which should be corrected. IMO.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: