When Datastage will use MQ Client Version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

When Datastage will use MQ Client Version

Post by mandyli »

Hi

I have some confusion here. When Datastage will use MQ client version?

I hope MQ connector stage will not use MQ WebSphere MQ Client version.

Only WebSphere MQ stage will use WebSphere MQ Client version.

Is this correct ?

Thanks
man
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The MQ Connector supports both --- it's not DataStage that makes the choice --- it's the environment. If you have the MQ Server co-resident with DataStage, then it's a server connection, and if you do not, then you have the MQ Client API co-resident with DataStage and use the syntax and properties for a client connection.

The older MQ Stage, by contrast, supports only client -or- server --- a choice that you make at initial installation time.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Naren12345babu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Naren12345babu »

Hi esotic,

What is the difference between MQ Client and MQ Server. I have installed MQ Server, but Iam not able to find MQ CLient to install on Server where datastage server is installed

Can you provide me any link to it
Thanks
Naren Babu Ch
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You'd have to check with whoever supports your MQ deployment, but the last time I installed a full MQ Server, it included all the API libraries that it needed.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>