Surrogate Key Generator special character in password issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mczern
Premium Member
Premium Member

Surrogate Key Generator special character in password issue

Post by mczern »

I have recently run into the issue where the Oracle password contains special characters. This causes job failure for jobs that contain a Surrogate Key Generator transform. Search of the forum provided a solution..
viewtopic.php?t=145477

"check your oracle password, is there any special character is there in your password ? Put the password inside double quotes " ". "

Two questions:

1. If we have a job parameter as the password value in the Surrogate Key generator transform, do I double quote the variable within the transform?

2. We are currently on 9.1, does this issue go away with any 9.1 patch releases?
Mike Czerniawski
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I recommend preventing the problem to begin with, so you don't have to spend time on workarounds:

1. with respect to Information Server

Naming restrictions for user IDs and passwords

2. with respect to Oracle

<see Oracle docs online>
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Surrogate Key Generator special character in password is

Post by rkashyap »

mczern wrote:1. If we have a job parameter as the password value in the Surrogate Key generator transform, do I double quote the variable within the transform?
=> No, add double quotes to the value of password in job-parameter.
naveenkumar.ssn
Participant

Re: Surrogate Key Generator special character in password is

Post by naveenkumar.ssn »

Hi,

If you can change the oracle password - I would suggest you to change it in accordance , else if you are left with no other option , I would suggest you to add the quotes in the parameter values.

Regards
Naveen
Naveen Kumar
Datastage Consultant
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In other words, preventing the problem to begin with, so you don't have to spend time on workarounds... :wink:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius