Need Help in RCP jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naveenkumar.ssn
Participant

Re: Need Help in RCP jobs

Post by naveenkumar.ssn »

Hi,

You can find in the metadata definition a property called "Extended" try giving Unicode over there and check whether its working or not.

Regards
Naveen
Naveen Kumar
Datastage Consultant
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

How much RCP are you using?

Are your columns surfaced anywhere? Or are the columns in question not specified throughout the entire job? Do you land the data to any temporary files? Are you using schemas to apply any metadata?

If they are not specified anywhere, then it is likely that any "unexpected results" are being caused by the metadata interpretation at either the source or target, any landed files, or via schemas. All these need to be checked.
Have you checked that your target can accept those characters? (ie just write a query to insert a test value).
Surya1Sharma
Participant

Re: Need Help in RCP jobs

Post by Surya1Sharma »

Hi Naveen,
I donot have metadata defined in the job at all. The job does select * from Source. It's fully RCP so don't have any column in the metadata else I would have done that.

Thanks,
Surya
Surya
Surya1Sharma
Participant

Post by Surya1Sharma »

Shane - No the job does not have any column or metadata defined rather its fully RCP. Yes I have checked and Target can accept the multi byte characters.
Surya
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Looks like its time to debug.

Set your $OSH_PRINT_SCHEMA to print the schemas when the job executes. You can then have a look at what the job is interpreting as your metadata.

You could also add a peek stage at some points in your job to see where the data is changing/outputting incorrectly.
Surya1Sharma
Participant

Post by Surya1Sharma »

Hi,
I got it working, In the job while trying for various options, I provided the value for environmental variable NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8, it worked for me.

Thanks,
Surya
Surya