Unable to bulk load to Oracle 12c Exadata platform

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to bulk load to Oracle 12c Exadata platform

Post by clmhwyfe »

Please note we are unable to use Bulk load on Oracle 12C Exadata server - The jobs are aborting with the below mentioned error

FAC_CMC_SBSB_SUBSC,0: The OCI function OCIDirPathPrepare returned status -1. Error code: 604, Error message: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL. (CC_OraLoad::prepareDirectPathLoad, file CC_OraLoad.cpp, line 1,300)

- All the columns are defined as NULLABLE on the Oracle server
- When we do the conventional INSERT - The job works fine and loads data - The issue happens only with bulk load

- We have the latest client Oracle 12.1.0.1 installed on the DS server
- Am suspecting it to be some issue with the Schema level compression that Oracle applies for the Exadata server
- Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue or what could cause this issue
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you try to load your table using just one column (since you stated that all your columns are nullable, that should be possible) to see if the error persists?

This error is specific enough that it warrants contacting support as it does look like something going awry inside DataStage
clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

Thanks ArndW ,

I tried to extract only one column that's a key column at the Source and the target and applied Null handling as well, But I got the same error using bulk load, I have requested the admins to raise the request with the official support provider.

I will keep the forum updated once I get a reply from them.
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

Hi

yes, please keep us updated please :)

Also FYI, it says in this IBM doc that the Oracle Bulk Load plugin is not supported:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21683476