Rejecting data without any logic from transformer to seqfile

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

Rejecting data without any logic from transformer to seqfile

Post by deesh »

Hi, We are mapping data from sql to sql and taken a reject link from Transformer for reject data, but the thing is rejecting the data without any logic in transformer and it's converted into the reject link.

we have 4 keys. Those are Varchar only.

Please tell some one how it's happening, i never seen such thing
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Reject links from Transformers are either for Server jobs or for logical constraint driven rejects. In Parallel jobs they are typically directly from the target stage. If your "reject" link doesn't have a constraint on it, however, then every record you push through the job will go down it. Is that what you mean by "without any logic in the transformer"?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A reject link from a parallel Transformer stage handles any row that causes an exception.

Parallel Transformer stage also has an "Otherwise/Log" link that handles any row that has not been transferred to any previous output link. It is this link type that is the equivalent of the server/BASIC Transformer stage's "reject" output link.

No logic is required in either case. The logic for detecting that a row has not been transferred to any prior output link is built into the stage itself (you can view the generated source code if you wish to confirm this).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Figured if it worked like the Server version that it was a "catch all" and only took rows that didn't go down any other link. Automatically. Without any specific logic.

Just was a little confused about calling it a "reject" link when what I recalled wasn't really called that except in a Server job. I'm all caught up now, thanks. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Almost.

In parallel jobs, database errors are not handled by the Transformer stage's reject link but, rather, by a reject link from the stage that connects to the data source/target.

It is true that is server jobs database errors are handled by the Transformer stage reject link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, got that too. :wink:
-craig

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Check the link order. Otherwise link should be last one.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: