Container Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi_4a6
Participant

Container Error

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

i am first time using container to understand its functionality.in output page of container it is showing this error

i have created container below to understand its functionality

input-->transformer-->aggregator-->output

i/p to transformer consists of two columns (col1,col2)and
o/p of aggregator consists of two columns (col1,col2)

in another job i am using this container

job1:
sequentialfile1-->container-->sequentialfile2

sequentialfile1 consists of three columns(col1,col2,col3) it is not showing any validation error in container

job2:
sequentialfile1-->container-->sequentialfile2
sequentialfile2 consists of three columns(col1,col2,col3) it is showing any validation error in container.not sure why
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First - what kind of container? Local or shared? Not sure it makes a difference but you know... details.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

it is shared container
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

As noted, details would be helpful.

What are datatypes - in shared container, input and output seq files in Job1 and Job2? What is the validation error message that you are seeing?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have RCP enabled?

That would be one explanation for the differences in numbers of columns not being reported by the validation process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

i am getting below error for output tab of container for job 2 when i click validate button
The metadata on the stage and mapped container link columns do not match.Link types must match.names of columns on the container stage must be identical to,or a subset of,those on the mapped link

@ray
RCP is not enabled

For job1

sequentialfile1 consists of three columns(col1,col2,col3) and sequentialfile2 consists of two columns(col1,col2)

For job2

sequentialfile1 consists of three columns(col1,col2,col3) and sequentialfile2 consists of three columns(col1,col2,col3)
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Sequentialfile2 has two columns in jobs2 and three in job1. How many columns does shared container has?
As noted in the message, do validate that Link types must match.names of columns on the container stage must be identical to,or a subset of,those on the mapped link.
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

shared container had two columns for both input and output and also could you please elaborate below error

error:
The metadata on the stage and mapped container link columns do not match.Link types must match.names of columns on the container stage must be identical to,or a subset of,those on the mapped link