Portugese character issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Portugese character issue

Post by Developer9 »

I am using oracle connector to extract data, using the NLS mapping specified by the database owner (ASCL_ISO8859-15). When i do a view data in the oracle connector stage the data looks fine , but when i open the text file after extracting the data looks messed up eg(Funcionário1). Could anyone throw some light on this?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What character set is your text file being written in, and which tool are you using to view the data?

It is most likely that the data was read and processed correctly; but that there is a character set disjunction upon reading it.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Thanks for the reply, I am using the same character set in the seq file also , i tried textpad , notepad++ and Ultra edit all of them show the same issue
ozgurgul
Premium Member
Premium Member

Textpad

Post by ozgurgul »

Hi - It sounds like it is only presentation issue (since the right codepage is chosen) If I were you, on my textpad (v7.4.0) editor after I open the file I would have right-clicked and double-checked the properties of the doc at the document tab and verified that code set is correct.

In addition to that, you would verify the script is set to "western" at the combobox in "Font" Tab.

Cheers,
Ozgur
Ozgur GUL
Assumption is the mother of all mistakes!
weiyi_will
Participant

Re: Portugese character issue

Post by weiyi_will »

What's encoding on Oracle side? It may work if you set NLS to UTF-8 and update this field toNvarchar.