ODBC Connector stage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arvind_ds
Participant

ODBC Connector stage error

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi Experts,

I am trying to connect to Cache database through datastage ODBC connector stage. Here is my job design.

ODBC Connector Stage ---> Sequential File Stage.

I am able to test the ODBC DSN connection from the properties of the ODBC Connector stage in the parallel job.

I am also able to view data from ODBC Connector stage properties.

BUT

When I run this job, I get the below error message.

ODBC_Connector_0,0: Connected to InterSystems Cache, version Cache Objects Version 2014.1.2.753 Cache xDBC Server 8.01 through driver libcacheodbc.so.

ODBC_Connector_0,0: ODBC function "SQLSetStmtAttr(SQL_ATTR_PARAM_BIND_TYPE)" reported: SQLSTATE = 386: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = 523 384 (CC_OdbcDBStatement::dbsExecute, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 593)

Any idea, how to fix this. Thank you.
Arvind
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

I seem to remember having a similar warning a while back.

I am assuming given the warning you are connecting to SQL Server? If I recall, the issue that I encountered was because one of the fields that I was trying to extract was set as datatype nvarchar max (apparently a valid datatype in MS SQL Server). Ie it was not given an upper limit, so when the odbc stage tries to read it, it doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

I got the source table changed to have a length specified and it started working.

This might not be the same issue, but its possibly a good place to start.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

I am connecting to "InterSystems Cache Database" through odbc connector stage.
Arvind
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Could be the same issue? I am not sure of the datatypes out of that DB.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Thanks for your inputs.

This issue has been fixed now. I just changed the odbc driver from libcacheodbc.so to libcacheodbc35.so and tested the job again and it worked fine. Marking the topic as resolved now.
Arvind