Invalid Julian Day with Modify

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SIHM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Invalid Julian Day with Modify

Post by SIHM »

I am trying to create a generic job to remove duplicates based on a key column and a timestamp column.

The key column can potentially be any numeric type, so I am creating another column in a string format and importing the key column as well as retaining the original key column

The modify statement is thus

Code: Select all

CLE_JOB :String= #pKeyColumn#
#pKeycolumn#=#pKeyColumn#
However, I get the following error

modify(1),0: Fatal Error: Invalid Julian day
This is odd as I only am modifying a number not a date/timestamp

CLE_DECIBEL: int64;
There are other fields in the incoming schema which are timestamps with microseconds, but this should not make any difference as they are not impacted by the modify.

What do I need to do to get this through the modify ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please post all the specifications in your Modify stage?

Also, please verify that the metadata for any column mentioned in a KEEP specification is identical on input and output link?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A specification that specifies that the output is a string must also specify the size of that string (for Char data type) or the maximum size of the string (for VarChar data type).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SIHM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SIHM »

This issue was resolved. It was actually an error in a sort stage which would not allow a timestamp with microseconds as a sort key.

Converted it to a string in transformer and then it worked.