Datastage Connectivity to Microsoft Directory.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vibwipro
Participant

Datastage Connectivity to Microsoft Directory.

Post by vibwipro »

Hi,

I am having a requirement, where i need to connect to a FoxPro database hosted on a Microsoft directory.

User "infoadm" already given access over MS Dir.

Please suggest me steps to connect and access FoxPro DB through Datastage.

Regards.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... by "hosted on a Microsoft directory" you mean it is on a Windows machine, correct? Is that directory mounted (NFS/Samba/whatever) on the ETL server? As far as I know you would need to do that and then you would be able to use ODBC (provided you had the proper driver on the ETL server) to access it. I'm thinking you may be able to use dBase drivers for that... unless you mean Visual FoxPro. You may need different drivers for that. [shrug]
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thx Chulett.

Yes It is a Window machine over which FoxPro DB is hosted.

You said "Is that directory mounted (NFS/Samba/whatever) on the ETL server?" What is 'NFS/Samba' is this a freeware ?

Which all drivers i Will be required from ETL perspective ?

We are able to read data .dbf file through ODBC stage. '.dbf" file uploaded to AIX box over which Datastage is hosted. Reading ".dbf" file is fine to me. Only concerns is that :-

How is to connect Window machine over which this Foxpro DB installed.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Take Craig's suggestion to your server administrator. They need to help you make the Windows files show up locally on your DataStage server. How? By using NFS or Samba or whatever they normally use for such requests. Then you can use the dBase ODBC driver to read the *.dbf files.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius