Datastage Parallel Engine language

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

C++
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

At the lowest levels the DataStage server engine is largely written in C. Once upon a time there was some FORTRAN and PL/I in there too, but I believe that's no longer the case. Only the "public" levels are written in DataStage BASIC.

The clients are written in a mish-mash of languages, including C++, Visual Basic, Java, HTML and others. This is one of the reasons the Designer is proving so hard to port to wholly browser-based version.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

FORTRAN and PL/I? Sheesh.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Also APL ("a programming language", would you believe?), but I considered that to be a variant of PL/I so did not include it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Akhobare
Participant

Post by Akhobare »

Thanks for quick reply.

( I will try to close the topic ( if allowed) if have no further doubts in couple of days).
Regards,
Akshay