EXECUTE TWO DML IN ONE TRANSACTION/UNIQUE COMMIT - ORACLE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks for the update.
sangi1981 wrote:Certainly, I have not yet clear the relationship between the two environment variables $APT and Connector property "number of row per commit".

Finally, I do not understand why this feature is not clearly documented in the IBM manuals or on Redbook.
Questions for your official support provider, it would seem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sangi1981
Participant

Post by sangi1981 »

Finally, I asked for IBM support ....
In a few days I will have a meeting with our official support.
Greetings
sangi1981
Participant

Post by sangi1981 »

Hello everyone,
IBM support explained that the single commit is not an option of Oracle Connector in parallel version.

In summary, it can happen to run a single commit but, in general, given the environmental parameters which was mentioned in some previous message and options of the stage, you can delay the commit.

The only ways to be sure to perform a single commit after a flow of loads are:
the use of DTS with the product MQ;
the use of a server job, in fact in Oracle connector there is an explicit option of single commit;
the use of a procedure PLSQL, with ad hoc tables;
or, finally, the implementation of jobs and sequences with rollback logic and recovery of the previous state.

For my case, since we are talking of a job with low impact for the user and therefore no particular restrictions, will opt for a server job.

Thank you all,
Sandro