Import error for decimal field in csv file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

udayanguha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Import error for decimal field in csv file

Post by udayanguha »

Hi,
I am trying to read a csv file with 22 fields last of which is a decimal field named BOAT_HASH_KEY (decimal 38,0). The field is set to NULLABLE in output column properties of the sequential file stage. Format of sequential file stage is as below:

Record level
Final Delimeter = end

Field defaults:
Delimeter = comma
NULL field value = ''
Quote = double

When I try to view data I get the following error:
Field "BOAT_HASH_KEY" has import error and no default value; data: {3 0 5 1 2 4 9 0 8 9 0d}, at offset: 77

When I remove this fiield from the csv file (and from the stage metadata as well), I am able to view the data. Its only causing a problem with a decimal field in the end. If there's a varchar field in the end (the last field), I am able to view data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The CSV file was created on a Windows system (hence the 0x0d character at the end). Set the Record Delimiter String property value to "DOS style", or set the Final Delimiter property value to 013.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
udayanguha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by udayanguha »

Hi Ray,
Thanks a lot. One of the solutions worked and the other I could not understand.
I set the record delimeter string = DOS format and it worked fine for me.

I could not implement the 2nd solution you suggested i.e. Final Delimiter = 013
Datastage doesn't allow me to set any value more than 1 character long for Final Delimeter. I can't type anything after 0 (so could not type 013 in full)
udayanguha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by udayanguha »

Hi,
Can anyone help how can I set the option Final Delimiter = 013 in the sequential file stage. DS is not letting me type anything after a single character.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

013 is the decimal value of that single ASCII character. The easiest way to put that single character into the stage property is to cut & paste it from a text editor. It'll probably show as a box once pasted, but should work fine.

You can also try choosing whitespace as the final delimiter since that character is likely considered whitespace.

Mike
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Note that if you open it as text on a Windows box, you won't be able to cut & paste it.

Open it as binary on a Windows box with a text editor that supports binary.

Mike