Set maximum heap size for xml stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

longma98
Participant

Set maximum heap size for xml stage

Post by longma98 »

We have to run a job with xml stage with pretty large input file size. The job works in production environment. Once we get it into dev project it fails. We suspect we need to increase the memory heap size in xml stage because that is one of the differences we see. However inside the xml stage, it doesn't let us increase the heap size beyond 2047MB. The error message we got is: Property Heap Size (MB) has value (xxxx) which is too big. The maximum allowed value is (2047).

As suggested by IBM website, I tested the maximum allowed heap size by running " java -Xmx9999999m myClass" in a command stage. I am NOT getting error for not enough size for object heap until I ran for 99999999m, which is much larger than what I actually need.

I am pretty sure we have a 64-bit installation. Is it because DataStage "think" it is a 32-bit installation? Is there some setting we have to change so we can up the heap size beyond 2047m? The installation was done before I join the project. Not sure what was done differently in different environments. In production we can up heap size until it complains the input number is not a valid integer.

Thanks