main_program: Step has no operators

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sam334
Premium Member
Premium Member

main_program: Step has no operators

Post by sam334 »

Hi all,
I am having a parallel job load which executes from Job control. So, the Job control does have only one job. When running the JC, Load finishes but after finishing the job it is giving a warning

main_program: Step has no operators [api/step_rep.C:1530]

What does it mean. Though when use server job control and having parallel job in it. It works perfectly..

Any help.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: main_program: Step has no operators

Post by chulett »

sam334 wrote:I am having a parallel job load which executes from Job control.
Sorry, what? Can you clarify what exactly you mean, please. Are you talking about the Job Control tab associated with a specific job, i.e. BASIC code that runs before the job itself? And if so, is there anything on the job's canvas? Again, if so can you verify the job type of the job that is home to the Job Control.

Guessing you have a 'blank' PX job with Job Control code... and I'm not sure that makes any sense. Stick with using a Server job to hold you job control code, it doesn't care that the canvas is empty.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"step" is the terminology of the parallel engine for what we call a job.

What is your exact job design?

The error message suggests a parallel job that has no stages. This is not a particularly useful design.

You might also like to include APT_DUMP_SCORE into your job as a parameter, set to True, so that the actual step osh is dumped into the job log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sam334
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sam334 »

Sorry for the delay. Found the issue. We do not use external scheduler to run a job. What we do is, have one LD_JOB which includes the job design and we will have a dummy job named Job control which calls that LD_JOB. In server environment this was the case but not in parallel. So, it was giving the warning the job has no stages....

Thanks Ray and Craig.