Cannot configure Oracle wallet with ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot configure Oracle wallet with ODBC

Post by babbu9 »

Hi
We are trying to configure SSL communications between datastage and oracle servers. The DBA has completed the server side changes and sent the certificates and TrustStore password to be used. I have tried many options but keep getting the same error everytime. TNSPING to the SID works. sqlplus connection from datastage server to database works using SSL but connection through ODBC does not.
Datadirect rejected to help us and IBM support says that they donot directly support datadirect. There is no info available online to troubleshoot this.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

I tried the sample test programs "demoodbc" and "example" provided by IBM to troubleshoot and both give same error.

Error:
SQLConnect: Retrying Connect.
SQLSTATE = 08001
NATIVE ERROR = 12545
MSG = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

.odbc.ini entries:
[D2I]
Driver=/opt/ibm/iis/Server/branded_odbc/lib/VMor825.so
Description=DataDirect 6.0 Oracle Wire Protocol
ApplicationUsingThreads=1
ArraySize=60000
CachedCursorLimit=32
CachedDescLimit=0
CatalogIncludesSynonyms=1
CatalogOptions=0
DefaultLongDataBuffLen=1024
DescribeAtPrepare=0
EnableDescribeParam=0
EnableNcharSupport=0
EnableScrollableCursors=1
EnableStaticCursorsForLongData=0
EnableTimestampWithTimeZone=0
HostName=XXXXXXXX ( hidden on purpose)
LocalTimeZoneOffset=
LockTimeOut=-1
LogonID=
password=
PortNumber=1524
ProcedureRetResults=0
SID=D2IDEV1
TNSNamesFile=/opt/oracle/product/112/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
UseCurrentSchema=1
AuthenticationMethod=1
EncryptionMethod=1
ValidateServerCertificate=0
Truststore=/opt/ibm/iis/Server/wallet/ewallet.p12
TruststorePassword=Welcome3
KeyStore=/opt/ibm/iis/Server/wallet/ewallet.p12
KeyStorePassword=Rumak@123
Trace=1
TraceFile=/opt/ibm/iis/Server/wallet/odbctrace.out
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perhaps Oracle can help?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

First mask out your TruststorePassword and KeyStorePassword values from the topic.

IBM does support the DataDirect drivers. You can open a PMR on that. If needed, they will work with Progress/DataDirect support behind the scenes. Oracle won't support these drivers.

You could also try going out to IBM Fix Central and downloading the newest DataDirect drivers and installing those on your server, just in case the problem is version related.

Depending on your tns entry, you may need to use a ServiceName option in the ODBC entry.

But why not just use the Oracle client you already have installed on your Information Server along with the Oracle Connector stage?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by babbu9 »

The problem is we already use odbc stage and we cannot change all of our code to use oracle stage now.

We have already upgraded the drivers and there seems to be no solution to the issue so far.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

babbu9 wrote:The problem is we already use odbc stage and we cannot change all of our code to use oracle stage now.
Not true. If it's the only solution that works, then it's the correct thing to do.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might also check that everything about tnsnames.ora is correct - the pathname of the file and the entry for D2IDEV1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.