Need help on designing Datastage Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

epaardekooper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need help on designing Datastage Job

Post by epaardekooper »

Hi,

We have a requirement as follows.

1. We have a reference table which has the target table names, Column names (concatenated fields) and other business columns.
2. Many input datasets (from target) which has the columns defined for that dataset.
Now we have to look up the input dataset with the reference table (based on the dataset name)and fetch the column names from reference table and then compare the column names with the input dataset and provide the values (kind of snapshot).
We need to build a generic job and it will be running for each and every dataset.

Kindly let me know how can we achieve this.

Can we use RCP and schema file for the datasets? How to compare column names?

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Let's start with what your processing job actually needs to do once it has all of this information, something I'm not clear on from your post. Let's say you generate your schema file and build an RCP job - what exactly does it need to do when it runs? That will determine how viable RCP itself is.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Build the target table name as a constant (perhaps using a Column Generator stage or a Transformer stage) upstream of the Lookup stage.

A generic approach might use a job parameter for the target table name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
naveen_1985in
Participant

Post by naveen_1985in »

chulett wrote:Let's start with what your processing job actually needs to do once it has all of this information, something I'm not clear on from your post. Let's say you generate your schema file and build an RCP ...
Could not read your entire content ..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get yourself a premium membership.

At less than 30c (Rs12) per day it's not expensive, and the revenue is devoted to the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. So you're helping to keep the site alive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.