Not getting desired result when using Change Capture stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sandeepch19
Participant

Not getting desired result when using Change Capture stage

Post by Sandeepch19 »

Hi,

We are using Change Capture stage to indentify whether a record is an insert or an update based on a key column(one key column) and multiple values(15 columns). I am not getting desired results as everytime records are going for updates. Not all records are going for updates but some records. I did verify the values field by field for some records and didn't find any change or mismatch in the values. I am not sure whats happening. my job design is as below.

Code: Select all

TRFM(BFORE)
                                  ODBC Connector        /        \                               
DB2---Trfm-----------|              |                   /           \                           /
                        Funnel-----LKP----LKP----/              \                         /
DB2---srt---Trfn-----|                       |                       CC stage---TRFM-
                                                     DB2                         |                    \
                                                                                    |                      
                                                               ODBC -----TRFM
                                                Connector(AFTER)
Sandeep Chandrashekar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please tidy up your ASCII art using the Preview facility.

Then tell us whether the inputs to the Change Capture stage are identically sorted and partitioned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, I added the code tags so at least it was semi-readable but wasn't in the mood for the tedious 'tidy up' part.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Identify any particular record and try with combinations of different key columns in change capture instead of 15 at a time. It will help to find the column having mismatch.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Also if there are duplicates in the after dataset, first record encountered will be marked as update and second row will be marked as Insert. So make sure you do not have duplicates in there or they are properly handled.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: