Truncation warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stiantok
Participant

Truncation warning

Post by stiantok »

I get the following warning when using the PXPivot-stage in a job:
"When checking operator: When binding output interface field "TYPE" to field "TYPE": Implicit conversion from source type "string" to result type "string[max=1]": Possible truncation of variable length string." I have looked over the data types and lengths, everything looks fine.

For some reason, the warning only appears in the production environment, and not in dev. or test.

What is the best way to get rid of this warning?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The input is a string type with no length (precision). The output is a VarChar with a length (precision) of 1. These do not match. Make them match.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stiantok
Participant

Post by stiantok »

I have checked the lengths, they all match, so that is not the source of the problem.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You misunderstood Ray's reply.

Make the METADATA match.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Your warning message says otherwise. I think you've missed the mismatch. Add the reporting environment variable that writes all schemas to the job log and look for the TYPE string field with no length specification. I don't recall the exact variable, but its something like $OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS.

Mike
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It is exactly like that. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers