NLS suggestion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

NLS suggestion

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We are migrating our final DataStage project from 8.0.1 to version 9.1.2 and are having an issue with NLS. We never installed NLS on the 8.0.1 instance and jobs are all running fine there for the past three years. I just migrated the dev project and since NLS was installed on our 9.1.2 environment it defaulted to
Project default (MS1252). All jobs in this project are server jobs.

We receive the following error in some of the jobs on 9.1.2 PRISMS_EDT_2.1117_20140930083735_1.File_DEBUG.DEBUG: nls_map_buffer_out() - NLS mapping error, row 1 (approx), row = ""","10","","N",,,,,"0","10",,"","2006-03-17,13956,01"

I contacted IBM support and asked if they had any suggestions but they gave me a URL explaining the various Character sets available and asked that I test them all.

1. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions
2. if I do begin testing and change the NLS character set in Administrator for this project does the new Character set automatically get inherited by the jobs and stages or is there additional work to accomplish that?

Thanks - - John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Jobs inherit changed NLS settings if the job properties specify "use project default" (which is the default setting). No re-compilation is necessary.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.