Different Input layout but same target

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Different Input layout but same target

Post by major »

Hi all,

I have 2 different datasets with their own metadata , I have to do couple of lookups with DB stages and then insert into a same target table.

What is the best design so that this can be done in a single job instead of creating 2 jobs to load dataset to target table.

Thanks in advance
Major
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Modify and convert data types to match the target metadata, funnel the two sources, then to the lookups and load the target.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

Hi ,

Thanks for the suggestion , but I forgot to mention that there is a dependency between 2 file loads , one file load has to be completed before proceeding with next one

Thanks
Major
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

What have you tried so far?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

As of now I'm using 2 different jobs to load the target , but I'm looking to optimize them , and want to use 1 job..

No clue where to start from

Thanks
Major
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure that one job would be any more 'optimal' than two since the loads need to be done in a serial fashion, one after the other. I would think Eric's suggestion could still work as long as the input order is maintained.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers