MQ Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j12
Participant

MQ Connector

Post by kumar_j12 »

Hi,

I have requirement to Read messages from source MQ message queue and copy to target MQ message queue.
I have to delete the same source MQ messages after it got committed to the target queue.

May I know the possible ways to fulfill this requirement
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Destructive read is the default mode of operation. If you need to you can move each message to a work queue pending the successful commit on the actual target queue, to give yourself a retry capability.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_j12
Participant

Post by kumar_j12 »

Hi ray,
Scenario 1:I tried keeping the delete(under transaction) which is a default option and try to abort the job to see how the source is impacted and the result is I see source message queue got deleted

Scenario 2:I tried putting the Keep option as read mode and loaded into target MQ .I have another job to delete the same message queue but it deletes all the messages which are currently in source.this way I will be loosing the messages got added recently(apart from which copied in previous job)

Scenario 3:I tried the move to work queue option and instead of removing from work queue once it got commited in target its accumulating in work queue resulting the duplicate messages in target & work queue

May I know the best scenario which can full fill my requirement
What should be the properties I should put in both source & target MQ Connector.

Appreciate if you can provide me with some solution
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could try doing an exact search for "work queue" here and then go through the other discussions on this topic, see if any of them help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_j12
Participant

Post by kumar_j12 »

Does Distributed transaction stage as target stage connecting to MQ Connector solves the problem of delete under transaction once it commits at target queue

MQ Connector stage ----> Distributed transaction with the option mq connector
kumar_j12
Participant

Post by kumar_j12 »

I have a job which takes MQ Connector as source and Distributed Transaction stage as target stage with (MQ Connector option).
I am using datastage 8.7 version
I am getting the following error message when I try to run the job

Distributed_Transaction_29: System call dlopen() failed with OS error 2 (No such file or directory) (CC_WSMQUtil::resolveMqiMethodPointers(), file CC_WSMQUtil.cpp, line 350)