Polish Character Issue in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use the National Language Support capabilities of DataStage, with an appropriate map that can handle accented European characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kartik Dharia
Participant

I had tried numerous NLS packages

Post by Kartik Dharia »

@ray.wurlod

I had tried numerous NLS packages like ISO-8859-1 ( proj default),8859-2,8859-12,UTF-8,IBM 01147,IBM 918,8859-1:1987 but i could not resolve the issue .
I had done these changes in the NLS tab of the job properties wherin i have changed the Default map for Stages section

Could you please suggest an appropriate pack for the same
Kartik Dharia
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: kartik.dharia@tcs.com
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

1.Are you able to see the polish characters when you open in the unix box ? If no then you need to fix this as well

2.If you are loading this data to DB then check the NLS settings in the DB as well.

Regards
Sreen
Kartik Dharia
Participant

Post by Kartik Dharia »

@Sreen
1. I did not get your question ?
Are you able to see the polish characters when you open in the unix box ?

I have used a csv and db stage in the existing job having the NLS pack of 8859-1 (proj default).
Then created another job to read the csv using the UTF-8 pack and i was able to see the data correctly. This means datastage pack is converting the data into an intermediate format and while reading it agains converts into the original form. This is within datastage but in DB is still showing incorrect value.

2. The code of db is 1208 which supports the polish character. I manually updated the records in DB and was able to view them correctly. Hence there is no issue in DB.

The problem i am facing is while loading the data from the queue to DB , the translation is done by Datastage and hence the characters are not loaded properly in DB.

Let me know if you require some further inputs
Kartik Dharia
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: kartik.dharia@tcs.com
thupallireddy
Participant

Post by thupallireddy »

HI Kartik,

Im also facing the same issue. Pls let me know how to overcome this?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

You should have created your own topic and tell what are your source target types such as oracle, db2, seq files etc. Does your IS installation supports NLS etc.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
thupallireddy
Participant

Post by thupallireddy »

Hi Kunal,

This issue is resolved. I have configured nls_lang value as same as oracle db in dsenv and it worked. :lol:
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

well thats the thing, If you would have mentioned oracle and the database and that datastage was installed with NLS, the first answer you would have got to set NLS_LANG, you do not have to set it in dsenv only, you can have it as environment variable as well. Both will work.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: