Basic Transformer in Parlell job getting Aborting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amarnaath.ds
Participant

Basic Transformer in Parlell job getting Aborting

Post by amarnaath.ds »

Hi Team

Parlell job having transformer stage is getting aborting in GRID environment with below error.
"Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV" and below is my job design.

SeqFile --->Transformer --> Basic Transformer--->Seqfile

in basic transformer i need use of OConv functions for requirement.

I did workaround as below

1)Removed basic transformer and ran the job and job was successfull
2)in Basic transformer removed all the functions and passed the straight mapping and the job is getting aborting with above error
3)Checked the \tmp sapce and space is availble

Am not getting any warnings in the job and also added the environment variable APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to true but no luck.

Please help me..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You really shouldn't "need" any OConv functions as there are plenty of PX equivalents available. Why don't we start with what exactly your requirement is?

And that APT variable isn't really meant to fix anything although it can in certain circumstances, it's typically used to help in finding the culprit... and you already knew the culprit.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
amarnaath.ds
Participant

Post by amarnaath.ds »

Thanks for the suggestion,we are going to implement the solution in Parlell transfomer itself.
But i need small information that, is it possible to Use/Run the basic transformer in grid environment.
My grid environment configured with 2 head nodes and 8 compute nodes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is possible to use the BASIC Transformer stage in a grid environment, but only on nodes on which the server engine (DSEngine, as opposed to the parallel engine PXEngine) is accessible. In most cases that means restricting these stage types to the head node(s).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.