SQL server connector stage issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQL server connector stage issues

Post by ds_infy »

Hi,

We have a job that inserts data into SQL server from a dataset. There is a reject link to capture all rejects if any. The options in the connector stage are below.

Table action : Truncate
Mode: Insert
Generate sql at run time: Yes.

The job is running on 4 node configuration.

When i run the job with trace on and a allow 100 rows per partition, it inserts all the 400 records. when the set the trace on and allow 200 rows, it is only inserting 601 rows. When i set the trace on and allow 300 rows, it is inserting only 4 rows.

I changed the sql connector stage to run in sequential mode and set the trace to 300 rows, it inserted only 1 row.

We contacted SQL DBA and he set the trace on for us in the data base. The trace shows that it is only firing 4 insert statements on the table when i run with trace on with 300 rows and in parallel mode.

Am i missing something or Is there a known bug for this strange behaviour?

Thanks
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If your server is on UNIX, then you should not have a SQL Server stage type available. I have seen it happen, after a botched migration from Windows to UNIX. Double check your stage type. What stage is it? What happens when you run it with tracing off?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius