Netezza Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Netezza Connector

Post by mehimadri »

Hello Friends,

I am trying to load data from a sequential file after some data type conversions into a Netezza Table. The DataStage version is 9 and Netezza Version is 7.0.4.

Some of the smaller files are quickly loaded using the Netezza Connector Stage: Options: Table Action: Truncate and Write Mode: Insert using automatic Temporary Table. However quite expectedly, the larger files (> 1 gb) are taking long time to load. Hence I used Balanced Optimization to push all the processing to the Netezza target database. However there is no performance gain still. Hence I have decided to use bulk load (nzload) for the larger files.

Now, unlike the earlier Netezza Enterprise Stage I do not see any bulk load option in Netezza Connector Stage. Am I missing something. Is the only way for me now if to call nzload as a after job subroutine or in a script.

Thanks in advance!
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Balanced optimization isn't going to provide any boost. It moves work from DataStage into the Database SQL Engine. Since the data is coming from a sequential file, there's no "work" to move into SQL.

To better understand balanced optimization with Netezza:
Optimize InfoSphere DataStage jobs with Netezza Connector using InfoSphere DataStage Balanced Optimization
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/ ... ml?ca=drs-

However, to better understand how DataStage Netezza Connector works download this PDF:
Best practices and performance guidelines for IBM InfoSphere Information Server running on Intel Xeon servers providing connectivity to IBM Netezza Data Warehouse servers

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/commu ... s%20papers

Note: Can't get URL above to format correctly, try copy and paste of string into browser...
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020