Job Parallel over a new schema Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

huge10
Participant

Job Parallel over a new schema Oracle

Post by huge10 »

Hi,
what I've noted about my Job is incredible.

I have a Job Parallel that works good over an old schema Oracle.
I tried to create a new schema over the same database instance, with the same tables, but when I try to execute my Job pointing it ... this error is generated:

"main_program: Requirements Failure: Field not found: ROW_ID"

The field ROW_ID is the result of the first stage of the Job.
Could you help me to understand what's could be the problem?

I tried to connect to the database instance with the credential of old schema and use <<"schema name"."table name">> for pointing to the new schema; in this way the Job go OK!
the power is nothing without contol :-)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay... can you detail for us how this "first stage" is retrieving the field called "ROW_ID"? It sounds like it simply doesn't exist in the table in this new schema you created, have you verified that it does? Did you not get any kind of ORA error as well?

I thought at first you meant the pseudocolumn ROWID but that does not have the underscore in it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
huge10
Participant

Post by huge10 »

Yes.. ROW_ID was a specific field, not ROWID.
Thanks for your answer.
Actually I've found the problem!

The new oracle schema didn't have grant to query the Oracle dictionary, so Datastage couldn't check the structure of the table.

I suppose the error was over the field ROW_ID because it's the first field, but I would have had the same error over any other field.
the power is nothing without contol :-)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Glad you found it. And yes, it can be frustrating when there are multiple problems and all you are alerted to is the first one. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers