Merge stage clarification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

Merge stage clarification

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I have merge stage with one master link and 2 two update links.

Clarification1:we have two records(key=1,2) in master link and one record update1(key=1) link and two records in update2(key=1,2) link .

warn on unmatched masters=True

As per my understanding we do not have any value with key=2 in update1 so datastage
should generate warning but it is not generating.

Clarification2:
Unmatched master rows=Drop
As per my understanding we should get one row in output since key=2
is not found in update1 link but i am getting two rows.
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your understanding is not correct. In this context "unmatched" means across all Update links.

You use reject links for each Update link to capture stream rows for which no match was found.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

Thanks for reply.I can understand now that it is not necessary to match all the update links.
even if it matches one record from update link it will show in o/p incase of unmatchedmastermode=drop

You use reject links for each Update link to capture stream rows for which no match was found

clarification1- stream rows means master link or update link.I think reject link will contain rows from update link

clarification2-Do we have any property to set reject links.I can add the reject links and it is capturing records from update link but it is working in all the below cases

Unmatched Master Mode-Drop/keep
warn on reject Updates-True/False
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clarification 1 - it's obvious that there is no row from the Update link in this case.

Clarification 2 - you can choose not to add reject links at all to the Merge stage.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

@Clarification 2

where is that property to choose not to add reject links at all to the Merge stage
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not a property. You simply don't draw the reject links in Designer.