XML stage Error due to special character

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MANASHI
Participant

XML stage Error due to special character

Post by MANASHI »

Hi,

I am having the same issue with registered and trademark symbol as noted in this post. I am not being able to parse the xml file having those characters. Removing those characters will not help me as we need to store those values as well. I am using UTF-8 in the xml file as encoding scheme and nls_lang has value iso-8859-1.

Please help me on this.
MANASHI
MANASHI
Participant

Re: XML stage Error due to special character

Post by MANASHI »

Hi,
Any solution to the above mentioned problem? Please reply.
MANASHI
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

People here post as and when they can. Please don't "push".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MANASHI
Participant

Post by MANASHI »

I did not mean that actually. Sorry if it means so.
But as I am stuck on this, I thought I would get reply from experts here in dsxchange.
MANASHI
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I have nothing more to offer than that original thread. You are probably going to need to experiment with various escaped values, the encoding scheme, and/or perhaps NLS settings until you find the right combination.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What have you tried so far? As Ernie notes, there is some advice in the linked thread that I split you from - curious if you have attempted anything from there yet.

In other words, let's get some specifics around your version of this error - what you are seeing, what you've tried so far, etc etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
MANASHI
Participant

Post by MANASHI »

The problem of parsing the special characters are resolved. We have changed the actual xml file to replace the special characters with their hex values. In this way I could parse the xml files.

Now I am facing an issue to store the Trademark symbol in sql server database. I am not facing any issue with the registered/copyright symbol. When I am trying to store that in a sequential file we do not have any problem.
Again when we are trying to insert that trademark symbol by just writing a insert script, I did not have any issue.
So, this should not be a problem with datastage, as I could write that symbol in a file from datastage. Also, there should not be any issue with sql server either. Is there any issue with datastage and sql server combination?
Please let me know.
MANASHI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: New problem = new post.

Please take the text that I italicized in your post and start a new post with it. Minus the italics of course.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers