Issue with XML input stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rudrakshalas
Participant

Issue with XML input stage

Post by rudrakshalas »

Hi,

I have imported XML table definition using Import->table definitions->xml table definitions from XML file.

Later my job design is like this:

sequential file -> XML input stage -> dataset

Sequential file: URL of XML file in a text file and calling it in this stage
XML input stage: XML source: URL/file path selected
output loaded columns from table definition downloaded
Transformation setting loaded included name space declaration and selected the XML file.
Given one key column in output columns.

Dataset : Given dataset name.

I am new in handling XML data. Getting an error. Below is the errror:

" APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=C:\GIDMetrics\Batch\OutputR2\MSP\03_12_306_5.xml
Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=C:\GIDMetrics\Batch\OutputR2\MSP\03_12_306_5.xml "

Could you please help me in resolving the issue and suggest a solution please.

Do we need XSD file to process the XML file, even if I have table definition.

Thanks in advance.
sukumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All your error is saying at the moment is that your XML file cannot be found. Is that path correct and does the user your job runs under have the proper permissions required to read it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Is the datastage running on MPP configuration?
Soumya
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Windows MPP?
-craig

rudrakshalas
Participant

Post by rudrakshalas »

Yes our server is a 2box machine, and datastage is installed on Windows OS
sukumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That doesn't make it Massively Parallel... how about answering my first question? The second was somewhat rhetorical. However, on the chance that your topology is an issue please clarify for us what you mean by "two box machine".
-craig

rudrakshalas
Participant

Post by rudrakshalas »

" APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\GIDMetrics/03_12_42_122.xml
Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\GIDMetrics/03_12_42_122.xml "

Above is my new error while analyzing previous error, I have specified the path something different and I dont know why it is searching in the path in the error.

So when I tried to place the file where the error is showing, my job ran fine and able to see the data in target dataset.
But the thing is that it is not the correct path where I will get file.

Could you please help me
sukumar
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I've seen that before, and can't recall if it was only with parallel Jobs or only with Server Jobs. Seems to me that it worked in one and not in the other.

If you don't need massive parallelism or QualityStage, try a Server Job. Instead of feeding the URL for the file via the External Source Stage, feed in either the whole xml document or the location of it via the Folder Stage.

...if it is already a Server Job, try it with an EE Job, using the External Source Stage to feed in the location...

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>