XML Stages and Compute node

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

m_mani87
Participant

XML Stages and Compute node

Post by m_mani87 »

Hi All,

We have a problem in our DS server which works in MPP (conductor/compute node). Jobs with XML input stage and XML Transformer PX stage is aborting in compute node.

When i try to restrict the stage alone by node map constraint to conductor alone , the job succeeds . I am sure that some thing/files are missing in compute but not sure what exact file it is. Can anyone help on this to solve the problem
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Start by posting the abort messages.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
m_mani87
Participant

Post by m_mani87 »

XML_Transformer,0: Error occurred in call to ORPHCallActivePluginInitialize().

The above is the fatal error thrown in XML Transformer PX stage
m_mani87
Participant

Post by m_mani87 »

Can anyone help on this. The above is the error message when i use a config file which includes compute server . But the job finishes when i use only datastage engine server without compute node.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It could be its history. As I recall from years ago, the xml stages were adapted to EE by having a wrapper added to them (around them). Quite possibly they have to be run themselves at the conductor node as they weren't (speculation) written as entirely independent operators.

Might be worth a support call, but the answer may be that this is simply "true" and you have to run them there only.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>