How to get the XML file name in xml stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Praful
Participant

How to get the XML file name in xml stage

Post by Praful »

In the job XML file is the source and target is oracle. Along with xml data i want to insert the xml file name in the oracle table, there is a bug in XML STAGE in datastage 8.7, cannot able to assign the parameter value to the column (XML Stage -->output step-->mapping)

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR44958

As per the above link, I have tried with column and row generator but getting below error while selecting the file_name column in output step -->mapping.

Job:
column Generator -- XML Stage -- Oracle Connector

Error: "CDIUI2820E The mapping is not applicable due to an invalid type conversion or difference in the source and target list dimensions"

Please let me know how to resolve this issue or is there any other method to get the xml file name in xml stage.
Regards,
Praful
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

How are you reading the filename? Get it via the External Source stage, and then carry it throughout and send it down the output link in your final mapping....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Praful
Participant

Post by Praful »

I have used External Source stage and carried xml file name till output step of XML stage but giving below error in the mapping (XML Stage -->output step-->mapping),

Job:
External Source stage -->XML Stage --> Oracle Connector

Error:
CDIUI2820E The mapping is not applicable due to an invalid type conversion or difference in the source and target list dimension.
Regards,
Praful
Praful
Participant

Post by Praful »

Populating 'xml file name' in the table through Oracle Connector by calling parameter in the insert statement ( Generate SQL at runtime=No).
Regards,
Praful