How to use a RESTful Web Service from a Parallel Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to use a RESTful Web Service from a Parallel Job

Post by mehimadri »

Friends-

I am facing a problem on how to invoke a RESTful Web Service from DataStage Parallel canvas. I have done the following analysis on this already, and I believe there are two ways:

Option #1: Get a WSDL (v2.0) for the RESTful Web Service since WADL or XSD is not supported in DataStage Web Service packs
What I did - I have tested SOAP services which had WSDL definitions and it works but I have been unable to get a WSDL description of a RESTful service so far.

Option #2: Use a Java Integration Stage to call a java program which can invoke RESTful Web Service and return JSON/XML responses.
What I did - I do not have Java skills so I will proceed with this option only if the first one does not work out.

I have a question on Option #1 mentioned above. Have anyone of you tried using a WSDL v2.0 for a RESTful service and succeeded. I am asking this because I cannot find any public RESTful web services with WSDL definition for testing.

Thanks!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Java Integration Stage or Java Transformer Stage, depending on your release.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One of the attractions of REST for the more laissez-faire is that it does not require WSDL or any other form of metadata definition.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mehimadri »

Thanks Ray & Ernie.