The database manager is not able to accept new requests

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

The database manager is not able to accept new requests

Post by anu123 »

I am getting an error while running the job to insert data into a DB2 table. Our DB2 is on Mainframe and we are connecting through a gateway.

The error I am getting is

TABLE_ERROR,0: SQLExecute reported: SQLSTATE = 40003: Native Error Code = -1224: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N The database manager is not able to accept new requests, has terminated all requests in progress, or has terminated the specified request because of an error or a forced interrupt. SQLSTATE=55032 (CC_DB2DBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_DB2DBStatement.cpp, line 578)
SQLEndTran(SQL_ROLLBACK) reported: SQLSTATE = 08003: Native Error Code = -99999: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0106E Connection is closed. SQLSTATE=08003 (CC_DB2Connection::rollback, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 1328)

Two columns of the TABLE_ERROR are CLOBs.

Using DB2 Connector stage. Keep conductor connection alive is set to no.

Lock Wait mode is set to - Wait Indefinitley and also tried with Use the lock timeout database configuration parameter.

I have contacted DB admin and he mentioned the problem is not on their side.

Please let us know why we are having an error. Do I need to provide anyother details ?
Thank you,
Anu
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

FYI - The two CLOB columns must be the last columns defined in your connector, regardless of the actual location in the database table.

I do find it highly unlikely that you'd get a message like this and there would be no entry in the logs. The message indicates the database manager is having issues with the DataStage request.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Andy - the admin never said there weren't any entries in the logs, just that it's not their problem. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anu123 »

asorrell, I have changed the sql in the insert statement and defined clob columns at the end. Still I got the same error.
Thank you,
Anu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That error message suggests to me that the problem IS on their side - possibly that the database is quiesced, or that the maximum number of simultaneous connections allowed has been reached before your DataStage job attempts its connection.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anu123 »

Ray, but we are in development phase and potentially there are no other users that might be accessing it, and also the table there is Error table which we are using for audit purpose. So I am mostly sure that I am the only user accessing it.
Thank you,
Anu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. The error message is generated by DB2, not DataStage.
2. The error message specifically states that the (DB2) database manager is not able to accept new requests, or has terminated the specified request because of an error or a forced interrupt.

Unless you submitted a Stop Job request there's no way that DataStage could have forced an interrupt.

If there is an error, it should appear both in the DB2 logs and in the DataStage job logs.

It's now up to you to do the detective work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

Hi anu123,

Ray is right it is DB2 issuing the error and I suggest you talk to your DB2 z/OS DBA as he is the person who could help you here.
The problem can occur when you cross a ressource limitation on the host in cases where your SQL is too expensive (which can happen handling LOBs)
regards

Michael