Entire Partitioning on lookup reference link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravindras83
Participant

Entire Partitioning on lookup reference link

Post by ravindras83 »

Hi All,

I have been using Lookup stage with both links partitioned as "Auto" for all the jobs developed so far.

I have the understanding that internally lookup stage uses "entire" partitioning on the reference link if we choose "Auto".

Is there a possibility of above not being true ? (Considering everything is normal and no env variables set etc.)

Now I know a person (happens to be my job reviewer) who thinks Entire is not default partitioning method for reference link and we have to explicitly specify (Entire) on the reference link.

Also is it true that a stages default partition method (one chosen by Datastage when Auto is selected) can differ with versions/releases of Datastage?

Appreciate your help..
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Entire Partitioning on lookup reference link

Post by ray.wurlod »

ravindras83 wrote:I have the understanding that internally lookup stage uses "entire" partitioning on the reference link if we choose "Auto".

Is there a possibility of above not being true ? (Considering everything is normal and no env variables set etc.)
No. You can prove this by inspecting the score.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ravindras83 wrote:Now I know a person (happens to be my job reviewer) who thinks Entire is not default partitioning method for reference link and we have to explicitly specify (Entire) on the reference link.
This person is wrong.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ravindras83 wrote:Also is it true that a stages default partition method (one chosen by Datastage when Auto is selected) can differ with versions/releases of Datastage?
No. At least not so far (version 9.1.2).