Calling external routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

Calling external routine

Post by hitmanthesilentassasin »

Hi I was trying to implement md5 algorithm using external c++ routine. this function(which I have downloaded from internet) has a header file and the function file. When I am compiling the code and job both compile properly but when I run the job I get the below error.

Code: Select all

Transformer_282: Failed to load the library "V0S282_xc_Transformer_282.so"; either the directory containing the library file is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S282_xc_Transformer_282": /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/dstage1/RT_BP178.O/V0S282_xc_Transformer_282.so: undefined symbol: _Z3md5h.
This is how I have defined the external routine.

Step1: using the values of the parameters $APT_COMPILER and $APT_COMPILEROPT I have compiled the code as libmd5.so and libmd5.o

Step2: Created the parallel routine with object type as object and return type as and native type as char. I have modified the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH parameter to the place of the library.

Step3: called the parallel routine from the transformer

Can you please help me to identify what I am missing here?