create multiple xml files during datastage runtime.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bj_ds7 »

In business scenario i have a requirement to write records to file created during run-time. .(number of files to be created and name of the files to be created is unknown) Its based on the input records.(for each group of records has to loaded to a file with that particular group name).I have implemented a logic for this from sequence level by creating loop and calling parallel job in multiple instance.Is that the best way to do it ?..Is there another way to create run time files with the parallel job level ? is it possible to implement this scenario using user defined wrapper stage to connect unix from parallel job ? Kindly suggest best way to do it Thanks in advance.
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

At version 8.7, I would use a folder stage within a server shared container for the write multiple files functionality.

Mike
bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bj_ds7 »

Thanks Mike
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
sam paul
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sam paul »

You can create a single large file, then write a small Unix script to split and rename the files as per your requirement. This will be many times faster then your current approach.