Job hanging issue while making transaction.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job hanging issue while making transaction.

Post by bj_ds7 »

In my business requirement ,i have a requirement to make update on the source table simultaneous while its inserting record to the target table.For implementing this i have used a single oracle connector with multiple input link to the connector ,so that both transaction happens simultaneously. After running the job,in performance statistics ,i can see the job process all the records.But its not getting finished or aborted.Since in my scenario the job seems to be waiting to get an acknowledgement from oracle database, after committing records to provide job status. Is this issue created by some kind of lock created since source and my target table(to update) are same .Please suggest me way to handle this issue by utilize connector settings of oracle .Or some other alternative ways to resolve this issue.
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First off, nothing is happening 'simultaneously'. They happen one after the other in a serial fashion based on link order. If the order matters (for example because of RI) then ensure that you have that correctly specified.

As to what might be hanging, I'd start by having a DBA monitor the session for what locks / issues they can see.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bj_ds7 »

Thanks Chulett. :)
Thanks & Regards!
BJ