Oracle table transaction capabilities in DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle table transaction capabilities in DataStage

Post by bj_ds7 »

In one of my business scenario , i have to do transaction of data to two tables simultaneous.(one is update and other is insert) transaction of records to both tables have to happen simultaneously, since even during the fail over of the job, for all the inserted records to one table, update-ion of other table has to be in sync.I tried to use Pl/sql block using Stored procedure stage by passing input records as a parameter but the records are processing dead slow since the pl/sql code is invoked for each row. Please suggest me a way to implement this scenario effectively .
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just a quick question right now - what exact version of DataStage are you running?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bj_ds7 »

datastage version 8.7
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a connector with two input links and combine the two inputs into a single transaction within the stage. This can also be done with the older ODBC stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bj_ds7 »

Thanks Ray.
Thanks & Regards!
BJ