How to process one row at a time using Java Integration?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bond88
Participant

How to process one row at a time using Java Integration?

Post by bond88 »

Hi,
I need to process one row at a time. I mean my job needs to touch 2nd row after 1st row got processed completely. I am pulling data from oracle and doing some transformations and then passing to java integration stage. So I need to process one row at a time because java integration stage writes output values to a table and I need to consider those table values before the system process next row. Please advise me how can I achieve this?

Thank you,
Bhanu
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The easiest way is to use a Server Job....it does that by default, provided you haven't played around with the process row buffering settings at the Project level....and if you are doing things in real-time, it's not likely that you'll need much parallelism anyway.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I was going to suggest that but felt it might be too sacrilegious for this forum. :wink: And wasn't sure if it supported the Java Integration stage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bond88
Participant

Post by bond88 »

Thanks Ernie,
I was using parallelism all the time but for this particular job I need to consider the output of previous processed rows to process remaining rows thats why I run in to this issue. I will check process row buffering settings at project level also. Thanks for your input.
Bhanu
bond88
Participant

Post by bond88 »

Ernie,
Server job doesn't support java integration stage. Any suggestions please?

Thank you,
Bhanu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use server job components loaded into a server Shared Container which you can (if the rules aren't violated) use in a parallel job. The rules are in Chapter 2 of the Parallel Job Developer's Guide.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The Java Integration Stage is an "upgraded" version of the former JavaClient and JavaTransformer Stages. Better API, more features and more performant.

But the older ones are still there. Just look for them in the Server Stage folder in the repository.

They use an older but very similar API (which is also supported in the new Stage). Lots of threads and examples are around. You should very easily be able to adapt your class to the older stages.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
bond88
Participant

Post by bond88 »

Thanks Ernie
Bhanu