Transformer: No input sort key information found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gowrishankar_h
Participant

Transformer: No input sort key information found

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Hi Experts,

My job design is as follow

DS-->Transformer1-->Transformer2--->Sequential file.

In transformer2 I am using SaveInputRecord;LastRowInGroup(input-column) functions.

Now the problem is if i use sort stage before Tranformer2 for the inputkey column mentioned in LastRowInGroup function job works fine and giving the expected output but if i use the stort stage before transformer1 and in transformer2 i gave as same partition then I am getting the following error..

Error when checking operator: No input sort key information found. Keys being checked: record
( custid: string[max=11];
). Input data must be sorted with the keys that are passed to key-break function calls. If input data has already been sorted, a sort stage needs to be inserted on the input link with each key specified in "Don't Sort" mode. If input data has been pre-grouped, a sort stage needs to be inserted on the input link with at least one key not in "Don't Sort" mode.

My question is - It is mandatory for having the sort stage before the transformer which using SaveInputRecord() function even though the input is already sorted and partitioned?
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

LastRowInGroup function does require the data to be sorted.

"A key break can be detected on any column, as long as the input data has been sorted on that column. The data must be sorted in the job, so that the Transformer stage can detect that it is sorted. If the data is sorted before being input to the job, you can include a dummy Sort stage and set the stage's Sort Key property to Don't Sort (previously sorted) for every column on which the data was previously sorted."
gowrishankar_h
Participant

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Thanks....Not sort is done before being input to the job...even in the same job the sort stage is inserted before transformer 2 it works but not when it removed from there and inserted in transformer1 with the same key sorted.